Garden POD DIY
Welcome to Garden Pod DIY
My name is Cecil McFarland and I live in a rural area of Ireland. Perhaps like yourself, I have never been afraid to tackle most DIY jobs. As you will know, most jobs require no more than a little commonsense and a clear idea of what you want to achieve.
During the past year or so, I have been considering a garden pod. I have looked at many designs and options available on the market. Research has shown me that prices range from around £4K for a very basic structure to £5K plus for a pod with a little better finish. Whilst most represent good value, I started to think about building my own.
No complicated drawings
Just Simple Instructions
Supported by Photographs
Please like and share us on Facebook
Detail from our plans
Checking your frame
The frame nearly finished
I even show the internal cladding
I started off considering purchasing a ready to go framework but, the price tag of around £1K to me was a big chunk of money just to get started. For most DIY enthusiasts the frame structure is the greatest challenge. The method I have used is simple and well within the capability of anyone with average skills. The manual will show that the method I used is easy to follow and effective. It has 24 pages of easy to follow steps and lots of actual photos of each building stage.
Everything is covered…
• Setting up bench for making frame (No cost here as two of the 8x4ft (2400 x 1200mm) sheets purchased for the floor and a few wooden pallets are all that is required)
• Cutting 3” (75mm) wide strips of ¼ inch (6mm) ply for making frame
• Setting up frame shape on bench
• Gluing each frame section
• Adding frame for window and door in two of the frame sections
• Setting up frame structure on site
• Timber cladding outside
• T&G cladding inside
To order a copy of our manual in PDF format follow the link below - £9.99
To order your printed manual, complete our PayPal link- £15.99 including world wide postage.